Wednesday, June 08, 2005

seeds of transformation

I just got back this past Monday from a weekend in upstate New York for the Humanity's TeamGathering, in collaboration with Bard College. This will be the first short post in a series of posts about the conference, mostly because I don't have time to write down my thoughts about it all at once :P.

The trip to New York and back was, in a word, challenging, but that was the only down side of the trip. I spent half of Friday at the airport and on the plane, and the other half trying to get to Bard College, since my train was 2 hours late due to some accident that resulted in a fatality. On the way back, my plane was late 3 1/2 hours in taking off due to bad weather. And since I was trying to conserve my vacation time, I had no time to actually visit New York City (flew into Newark, NJ) and go see a musical.

Bard College is located in Annandale-on-Hudson, which is in the Hudson River Valley right next to the river. The college sits in the midst of this unexpectedly gorgeous countryside. Everything was so lush and green; the houses were scattered and surrounded by forests. The route from the train station to the college took me through winding roads that made me nostalgic for the English countryside. What a sight for sore L.A. eyes.

No comments: